Thursday, August 9, 2007

I guess I should thank the Texas Rangers...


...for being so boring to watch. Let me qualify that. First, I'm a huge Rangers fan. I enter each new season with new hopes of things not ending the way they do every season. I'm tired of seeing the "September call-ups" in July. Secondly, regardless of how bad this baseball team is, I still watch every game I have the opportunity to watch. (By the way, the picture is of Rusty Greer taking a hit away from some poor soul that didn't know, just don't hit it to left field. Congratulations Rusty on your induction into the Texas Rangers Hall of Fame)
Which takes be back a couple of weeks ago to a lazy night watching the Rangers getting blasted by whoever they were playing. It was a little after 9 and my 2 year old, Jacob was sitting in his mama's lap getting ready for bed. He climbed down and walked across the living room to me where I was stretched out on the couch in typical evening fashion. He climbed up there with me and scooted me over enough for him to lay down. Then it happened, one of those "Living The Dream" moments. My 2 year old fell asleep next to me on the couch watching a Rangers game in his Ranger's pj's. Seems like a small thing, but these are the moments that allow me to see the heart of God. Why would He be so good to me? Why would He give me a moment like that? An even greater question, how could He offer His son as a sacrifice to pay the eternal debt for a scum like me?

No comments: