Friday, August 29, 2008

Prayer: Asking God... :::Friday:::

Lord, today I'm praying that your church would believe in the power of the Holy Spirit and desire it earnestly. Father, I believe in the power that Peter had when he preached on the Day of Pentecost...I believe in the power of your Spirit that was present with Paul as he was locked away in chains all the while saying, "...count it all joy...". I'm asking you to show me this power that lives in me also. God, I'm also praying that we would see things like accountability and suffering as blessings and rejoice in them. To see that we are truly blessed if we have someone in our lives that will ask us hard questions and hold us accountable for the way we act. And Father that you would count us worthy to suffer for you name...so that you would become more famous and my name would be forgotten.
For Your Beautiful Name...
Amen!

No comments: