Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's 10:39 and I'm Unsettled

I wanted to write tonight but I have no idea what to write.
What I do not want to do is ramble for no reason. I do not want to be accused of being one of those that think they will be heard because of their many words.
So, here is some Scripture I've read tonight...

Philippians 3:7-11
7But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. 10I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.

My thoughts...how can we consider everything loss...everything...in comparison to simply knowing Christ. To look at everything and say, "it's trash..." all because of imparted righteousness. Unbelievable...

Colossians 1:15-17
15He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

My thoughts...just think about this for a second, everything that has ever been created, everything you see around you, your life in general...it's all held together by the word of His mouth. He speaks life into existence and takes breath in a moment. It's all His and anything you have was given to you by Him to push back what is dark in the world.

Luke 5:16
16But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.

My thoughts...deep down I think we are all a little scared of being lonely. Jesus sought out time to be lonely...loneliness for Him meant intimacy with the Father. Oh that we might have more time to be lonely.

Hosea 13:6
6 When I fed them, they were satisfied;
when they were satisfied, they became proud;
then they forgot me.

My thoughts...this has been haunting me for almost a year. God said this about Israel but I fear it is the case with so many of us. God forbid...

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

My thoughts...this takes my fear and anxiety away, I don't always have to know what to do next, I don't always have to have all the answers, I don't have to always be strong.

Psalm 46:10
10 "Be still and know that I am God..."

My thoughts...nothing else need be said...


Blessings!
ZS

No comments: