Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Baseball, Baptism, Beach, and Sun Burns

I think the Texas Rangers Dominican Academy has become one of my favorite places to be. Last summer when we came I had the opportunity to see lefty phenom, Yohander Mendez. Today I had the opportunity to see Juremi Profar, Jurickson's little brother, play SS for the Dominican squad in a MLB sanctioned DSL game. I'm grateful for my new buddy Stosh Hoover for helping us get in and feel welcomed. 
(Juremi Profar #7)

This was a great experience, but pales in comparison to what the afternoon brought. 

We went to Boca Chica for lunch and spending time on the most beautiful beach you can imagine. After lunch and spending some time playing in the water I had the honor of baptizing my oldest son, Jacob, in the Caribbean. This is something we've been talking about for quite some time. Jacob has wanted to be baptized for a while but going to a church that meets in a day care we were needing to wait until this summer when we can fill up out outdoor, portable, baptistery (inflatable pool). No greater time or place than while we are here in the DR, a place we've grown to love, as a family. I will never forget that moment as long as I live and my hope is it will be a defining moment in my precious son's spiritual life. The sights and sounds of Dominican culture surrounded us while my son experienced one of those BIG MOMENTS. (Will post a video soon.)

Just a quick reminder, friends, Christ is anywhere and everywhere you are. Will you stop to recognize His work?



Oh, also, we got sunburns. 

Soli Deo Gloria,
ZS

No comments: