Monday, July 22, 2013

Santa Alicia

Just a day full of joy. 

As we approached Santa Alicia it didn't take long to realize we were going to have to abandon the vehicle and seek alternate means of transportation in...


Jacob taught an art lesson for the kids (and many of the adults) and did such a great job. I could not be more proud of him for doing so many things that I know made him uncomfortable. Watching him interacting with the kids and helping them brought so much joy to my heart. About 20 mins into it, he looked up at me with sweat pouring down his face (btw, Jacob typically doesn't like being hot...at all) and said "Daddy, I want to stay here forever!" This is a common response from people who have the opportunity to visit Santa Alicia. 



After the art lesson we divided the kids up and Eli was able to do the one thing he REALLY wanted to do on this trip...play baseball with the kids on the batay. I threw batting practice to the kids for about an hour...took a pretty good pounding. Felt like Roy Oswalt circa 2012 out there. 
(This is me pitching to Ariel, the little boy we sponsor through @25Projectorg.)

(Eli rounding 3rd after taking me deep.)

(A good picture of Jacob drilling one off of me for a round tripper.)

In other news, the big chicken coop (or is it coupe?) we built there last summer is still in tact and full of chickens. 

Until next time, Santa Alicia...
ZS

No comments: